View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #122
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You can do that in Calibre using the search & replace feature, but I guess that's not really beginner level anymore.

You don't even need the ODT and the RTF. Pick one of those, OpenOffice can read and save both those formats, and Calibre can convert from both.
Re calibre s&r, yes. Eventually I want to do it there as the "best practices" place to do it, but I have to learn more regex first

Re odt, I noticed the odt's were much smaller in size than the cleaned-up rtf's or docx's and generated much smaller-in-size epubs than directly from rtf to epub. That's why I added odt to the sequence. As far as the initial conversion to send it out of calibre to get fixed, calibre doesn't (yet?) offer odt as a conversion-destination format.

Last edited by unboggling; 08-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.