View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #320
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just chiming in to say that I survived Christmas without any Internet connectivity, and that I also don't understand how Kindles really sort the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I believe that the Homepage (top most level) looks the same with CM or not. You need to have sort method set to "collection" to not show all the books that are part of a collection. The only items that don't show up when sorting other than "collection" are sub-collections and invisible items you switched invisible in CM.
(emphasis added by me)

Exactly. CM only modifies the internal collections database (using the Java API that the Kindle provides). CM does not influence the display order in any way - in fact, there is no such thing as an order in the database. The ordering is done entirely from the Home booklet, according to your selection. I believe that for collections, that normally means "asciibetic" order and nothing else. For books, you can also sort by access date, but that is both out of scope, and - more importantly - out of reach of CM.

So in short: collections should always be displayed in alphabetic order, so if you have any ordering preference, you'll probably need to resort to methods like prefix numbers ("01-Romantic", "02-Horror", or so). I don't know how other sorting methods behave, and CM can't influence them anyway.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote