View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
As others have said, MobileRead isn't the best place for your post because, with some exceptions, the people here are pretty quick to pick up on copyright related issues. ...snip...
Indeed.

Whilst I never used the site, this is the first I'd heard of it, it's a sad day when an angry and ignorant mob scream loud enough to cause it to be closed.

If you don't want your books to be lent (even if it's just a single time), then their beef should be with amazon and the contracts they agreed to that allow amazon to do a loan. The site is about as far removed from piracy as you could ever get.

Hope he decides to keep it running and doesn't bow to the pressure of an ignorant mob. Sadly it's understandable if he does, having to deal with lots of complaints daily for a volunteer site is not something I'd relish either.

Last edited by JoeD; 08-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote