View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
pReader for Palm WebOS now available - Homebrew

If you have Preware installed on your Pre you'll be able to download this app.

pReader

Quote:
pReader ist an eBook Reader for WebOS that is currently supporting plain-text, PalmDOC, MobiBook and eReader (even with DRM) files. It is written entirely in Javascript and reads the files directly from the media partition. No conversion is necessary. Reading in landscape mode is fully supported as is basic customization of the text-size and appearance.

Since the application reads the PDB/TXT files directly off the media partition, just put the files on it, open the app, select "Add Book To Library", and select the file. The pReader will then add the file to its the internal library.

This version adds experimental support for the eReader DRM format. It should read all the common DRM formats. Do note though, that the code isn't optimized yet and thus it takes a while to add the files to the library. Once they're loaded though, they are just as fast as files without DRM.
I just installed the app and will play around with it during the day. BTW, I'm pretty sure they only mean it reads eReader DRM not mobi. I don't have any eReader files with DRM to test, so if there are any other Pre owners who do have such files, could give this app a try, it would be great.

Edit: Here is a link to the discussion thread for this app on PreCentral.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-11-2009 at 10:21 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote