Thread: Seriousness Will You Be Seated on a Jury?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I seem to be the plaintiff's nightmare, because
"Do you believe that there are too many frivolous lawsuits in this country?" Yes.
Quote:
More likely to side with defendant
The defense lawyer has now fallen in love with you.
"Do you believe that investing is similar to gambling?" Yes.
Quote:
This is a common sentiment held by a subgroup of jurors in a case involving investments. Plaintiff lawyers may be concerned that you will put too much responsibility on the investor to guard her own money.
Also, I am under 30, so obviously I don't care about old people.
Quote:
Plaintiff lawyers may believe that because you are a younger person, you may be less likely to sympathize with someone in her 60s and would be less likely to be disturbed by the idea of losing a lot of money later in life.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-25-2014 at 10:03 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote