View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jib View Post
Works for all books purchased on Amazon (3 so far) and some others
I recall the mention of an identification field in the book format that Amazon uses. The field was referred to by an abbreviation that I do not recall at the moment.

That same field was being set to a non-Amazon value by non-Amazon publishers.

That is what I recall of the situation I am trying to describe.

Now my question / suggestion for further investigation :
Could this Amazon-field, or another Amazon specific field in the format be related to this translation selection problem?
Again, I don't know how you would list the books that have it and the books that don't - but there might be a connection.

Next idea :
Is the books that are "translation sticky" using the new KF8 format?
Or maybe the ones that are not "translation sticky" using the new KF8 format?

Sorry, no answers here. Just two ideas to check out.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote