Thread: Cloud Storage
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Certainly it makes sense to have a redundant backup strategy. But cloud storage is big business in the commercial world. The company I work for (not Amazon) is investing serious money in selling secure cloud data storage to businesses.
I did not get the impression that Amazon was targeting businesses. I bought a 1 TB USb HDD the size of a pack of smokes. Not very difficult to take with me or even lock away (granted I don't have a fire proof safe or anything like that, then my data doesn't really have a commercial value).

My surprise comes from the difference in pricing. If Amazon wanted $100 for 1 TB I can see how some people might opt for an offfering like that, but $1,000?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote