View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the explanation. Presumably the reason for the retry is in case the device simply hasn't finished initialising the USB connection, or something like that?
That is one reason. Another is that the device might actually have been changed between scans.

I suppose we could detect that a given USB ID has failed N times in N tries and stop checking it until it disappears for a complete cycle (or something like that). My problem is that I have no motivation at all to take on this task, having neither a floppy drive nor a device that isn't fully recognized.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote