View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Dellaster
Edge User

ChrisF, thanks! That did the trick. For those who may run into the same problem the fix is easy. Open AndroidAppDecoder.hta in Wordpad (Notepad can often mess up program files) after making a copy for insurance. Find the following line about 1/4 of the way through the file:

JavaDetecter 'Find Java Install Directory

Change to:

Java_Path = "C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_19\bin" 'Set Java Install Directory

(Your Java Path will likely be different since I specified directory when I installed Java. e.g.- It might be C:\Program Files\jdk1.6.0_19\bin)

Save. It should work now, assuming the JDK was already in the PATH environmental variable. (Part of the bypassed subroutine sets that variable if unset.)

ChrisF,

This will work on the majority of Android apps. However, occasionally the manifest.xml needs to be further changed for screen size. Here's the problem line from an app I recently altered (Droid Comic Viewer):

Code:
<supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:largeScreens="false" anyDensity="false" />
The "false" entries needed to be changed to "true" before it would run full screen. Perhaps the program could either look for and change such lines, or it could optionally pause and allow manual manifest.xml editing between decoding and the rest of the process.