Thread: sound Files
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Amy View Post
I am using 0.6.1.
I am trying to produce the mobi in Sigil. Epub then converted through Kindle Previewer. Why would Sigil have a Sound folder?

This is what it says on the Kindle Publishing Guidelines:
6.3 Embedded Audio
To embed an audio file inside a Kindle book, add a standard HTML 5 tag such as the following:
Example:
<audio id=”audio_1” src="audio.mp3" controls title=”Audio about ...">
<br/><br/><br/>
“There is audio content at this location that is not currently supported for your device. The caption for this content is displayed below.”
<br/><br/><br/>

Have tried this. then I contact KDP Help and get this:

I'm sorry, we don't currently support multimedia in the content or description of your KDP book, however, we're continually working to expand our supported formats to reach a wider audience, and we’re excited that you want to offer your title.

Am totally confused! All I want to add are small 10 second sound snippets.
To repeat what I said, previously:

Quote:
C. John, unless you have a publisher's contract with Amazon--which means you are not publishing files via the KDP but are instead publishing them via FTP--you cannot publish multimedia books via Kindle.
You do not have a "real" Publisher's account with Amazon, like Random House. if you did, those multimedia files would be deliverable and would work. You do not, hence, you are "stuck" uploading via the KDP. If you upload via the KDP, as a regular "self-publisher," that functionality is denied to you.

If you have other questions about this, and you search the KDP forums themselves, and the MOBI forum here, you will see that this has been discussed at great length. KDP Publisher are simply not able to publish multimedia books at this time. Only "real" publishers with FTP book upload can publish multimedia titles. You can fill out an application at Amazon to be accepted as a Publisher, but you have to have a backlist, and the application starts with "please provide the names/ISBN's of your top 25-selling titles..." or something along those lines.

With regard to your version of Sigil, I'll let meme or one of the others address whichever one it is that first allowed the use of the audio and video tags, and kept the files. I think it was 0.63, but in any event, 0.71 is available now.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote