View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #38
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The viewpoint of your last two sentences raise an interesting point. Why do you (and a bunch of other people) see the DR1000 as _only_ an ebook reader?
Because that's what it's being marketed as? I agree there is more potential there compared to other readers, and it's more of a general document reader and note taker, but it's not really meant to replace a laptop/tablet/slate PC either.

Quote:
It seems like once the label was applied no one considered how capable the hardware really is. I see the DR1000 as a slate PC with a 10" Eink screen. I want Wifi on this slate PC so I can move PDFs & etc on and _off_ easier.
The SW model does have Wifi, and sounds like it will do most of what you are asking for.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote