View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #30
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I want to clarify why I do not use my Kobo as a device for buying books. I buy lots of books from kobobooks.com, that's not the issue. The issue for me is that buying and reading are two different activities. When I seek to make a book purchase, I'm not buying to read the thing right away. It's a purchase for future use. When I'm reading, I don't (all of a sudden) get the urge to buy a book. I'm reading one that I'm invested in at the moment, and that's all I'm interested in doing.

Besides, It takes me forever to find an ebook I want to purchase. You can't just return the ebook for refund if you're dissatisfied (generally speaking), so I try very hard to figure out if the author's writing style suits me, and if other people recommend it, and if I'm willing to take a gamble on the publishers' quality control (because I really hate terribly formatted ebooks).

I used to walk into bookstores browse books and buy some on a whim. If I didn't like them I would just pass them off to someone else. I can't do that with ebooks (not legally, anyway).
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote