View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #23
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There are many ways to reduce a clock face to a minimum without numbers.
This is clearly a copy of someone else's intellectual property.
The google link doesn't really show that many clocks without numbers - I think google links aren't absolute.

Even so, those I saw mostly worked along the same principle - remove the number, enlarge the "five minute" marks, perhaps leave the minutes.
Not all use a seconds hand, and certainly not shaped like the SBB one, though.

BTW, would you say that MS also copied the design? (See attachment)

I'm not saying they're identical, just that it's the same general principle again.
Perhaps apple copied the design, might just be - but I think it's not really worth protection in the first place. It can easily be coincidence.
(Nor are rounded corners and such.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ms_clock.png
Views:	279
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	92718  
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote