View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
*sigh*

I will continue to resist. I will not be assimilated.

And I am hating KDP with every fiber of my being. I do have a kindle app but I don't own a kindle! So I am effectively cut off from buying new books by any authors participating in this program. And this makes me sad.
This makes 2 of us although I do not even have an Kindle app. I have made it a point to NOT buy from Amazon and not download anything Kindle related. I do not want to be counted as being among those who approve of Amazon's tactics when it comes to books and ebooks. I suspect that Amazon, like most other sellers, simply says "x million people are buying from us and they wouldn't buy from us if they didn't approve of what we are doing, so ABC, you best do as we say or we'll cut you off from all those buyers.)

I buy indie ebooks largely at Smashwords, although I do also buy them at Barnes & Noble and Sony. If a book shows up as exclusive at Amazon, I simply don't buy it and if it was on my wishlist, I remove it. I don't want anyone to think I approve of exclusive arrangements with monopolists or those aspiring to monopolist status.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote