Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #157
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murleen View Post
I just had a quick look through "strings boordr", and it looks like the binary includes mupdf and the mad mp3 decoder, both GPL-licensed. A number of other (non-GPL) open source libraries are used without credit - I haven't checked the license terms on those though.
But, many libraries are released under the lessor GPL which means they can be accessed and linked into propritary software and that doesn't require the accessing software to be released under the GPL. I just checked in mupdf is the full GPL license. However, they do license for commercial sofware... so for all we know bookeen has a license.

I still haven't see incontrivertable proof that bookeen has modified and distributed GPL software. Has anyone just asked bookeen about it?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote