Thread: Classic A huge mistake on BN's part
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
A huge mistake on BN's part

According to this post from the Nook help board, you cannot use Barnes and Noble gift cards for e-book purchases:

Re: Buy ebooks with a giftcard
Options

Dear missacarissa:

I've checked with our Gift Cards team, and they've confirmed that at the present time, Gift Cards and Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase eBooks, though they can be used for every other product line on the site. This may change at some future date as we move forward with our eBooks offerings, but there don't appear to be any immediate plans to make it happen. Sorry I can't provide better news.

You also cannot buy a specific book for someone who buys a Nook. (Amazon has this same policy.)

DemonicDuck wrote:

Is it possible for me to purchase an ebook for someone else as a gift so it would appear to their computer\smart phone\nook\whatever and not mine?

Sorry, Demonic,
You can send someone a nook, but you cannot "gift" an eBook at this time.

But wait. Whats the first thing most of us did when we got our Kindle.

We told all our friends, family etc that for Christmas or birthdays, we wanted Amazon GC's so that we could buy books, or covers or whatever, right?

So, in essence, Barnes and Noble is telling people to buy the nook, but no one else can buy GC's so you can add to your library.

Someone is definitely not thinking things thru here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote