View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
HankRiker
HankRiker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Question Need Help: Sony PRS-500 CONNECT/eReader Problem after Calibre

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm at my wits end...

I have a Sony PRS-500, that I've had for about a year now, and have been enjoying it, and haven't really had much in the way of problems, till now.

I downloaded a few user-ebooks, in HTML format, and wanted to convert them into native eReader format, so I installed a copy of Calibre, version 0.4.73 (I have been fighting with this since).

Anyway. I did get the books converted, and it did a great job, but it refused to recognize the reader. I thought, "Oh well, that's okay, I'll put them on the device using the Sony software." (Famous last words)

I have attached a picture of what I see. All of the controls on the left side are gone, and no amount of stretching the window changes it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can count, but there is no change. Today I even tried installing the old CONNECT software, but still no joy. I'm hoping against hope that someone out there has run into this problem, and can help...

I have a second machine that I installed the eReader software on, so that I can at least access the reader, but I'd much rather have it work on my home PC.

I have searched through several pages of this forum, and if I missed the fix, I'm sorry, but please point me to it... Or if this hasn't occured to anyone else yet, please feel free to ask questions...

I'm running an AMD CPU, 4600+, 3GB of RAM, and Windows XP SP3. Same OS config as the machine it works on, but thought I'd mention just in case.

Thanks much,
Hank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eReader Problem.png
Views:	851
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	14611  
HankRiker is offline   Reply With Quote