Thread: E-book prices
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Price is a major factor for me, since I'm not philosophically bound to any particular format. For instance, a couple years ago I read a recommendation for Chris Grabenstein's Ceepak series. The first two titles were $.99, and I don't have to think very much about that kind of investment, so I bought them ... and really liked them. The next ones in the series were around $7 each -- and I was able to find paper copies at the local used book store for $2 each -- so I bought the hard covers.

His latest came out a couple months ago and the ebook was priced at $25. I'm simply not going to pay that. I checked out a copy at the library.

It depends on the author, of course, but I can't see myself paying much more than $5 for an ebook. Especially if paper copies are available cheaper, but even if not there are just too many other good books out there that are within my price range.

Last edited by cromag; 08-22-2012 at 04:05 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote