View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Xnyper
Xnyper began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Protective case for ebook readers

Today I broke the screen on my CyBook. I can't even blame anyone for it, there was an odd corner protruding from my backpack, so I forcefully relocated the rogue item to the interior of the pack, thinking it was a textbook--big mistake.

Not sure if I'm going to pay bookeen to replace the screen, or just get a new reader, but thats not what this post is about.

I decided that when I do have a reader to protect, I am not going to trust any protective cases for it--I am going to make my own. I don't think it is necessary that the case conform to the reader, most reading takes place in a pretty safe environment, its transport that I'm worried about.

I want to make a hollow book as described here:
http://how2dostuff.blogspot.com/2006...llow-book.html

My question to all of you is, what book should I use? It doesn't have to be inconspicuous, just hardcover. I want something fitting, something symbolic--or at least intelligent, of all the information carried within. I was originally going to find a copy of Simmulacra and Simulations, which is the book that Neo hollowed out in the Matrix, but its impossible to find in hardcover.
Xnyper is offline   Reply With Quote