View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubean View Post
Hi, I have a friend going to Seattle for a few days and I'm asking her to buy my first ebook reader for me. She'll be staying in Westin hotel so I'm hoping to give her some places near there to shop at. Can anyone give me some shops around there?

I'm still trying to decide between a Sony PRS 505 or 600. But my worry is that it is not available anymore.
The best place I've found to see readers on display is at Fry's Electronics in Renton. Some of the readers aren't in good shape, and at least one was locked the last time I looked, but at least you can see them. Also, some of them go in and out of stock erratically. Renton is nearby, but still a drive from most Seattle locations.

Sony's can be found at several places, They used to be in stock at Borders. Nook of course is at B&N, and the Jetbook was at Bed Bath & Beyond (of all places!).

Which Westin? And will she be driving or only using public transportation?

There's a Sony Style store at the University Village shopping center, which is near the Univ. of Washington campus in north Seattle, which is near several bus lines.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote