View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried using max-width/max-height or a mix instead? Something like max-width=100%; height=auto;? Though I would vote for the svg wrapper technique instead. It simply works better though you will have to wrap your mind around the idea that height/width are just another way of writing the aspect ratio.

As for complaints about what Kobo is doing, this seems to be more an issue with the renderer so either Adobe/DataLogics or ACCESS would be the guilty parties.
I haven't tested any other setting but the original book ones.

And as davidfor says possibly the problem is the out-of-standard height=100% setting. But, every other renderer (Adobe or Calibre) works fine but ACCESS doesn't (Sigil seems defective in 0.7.4). So just as a friendly suggestion to Kobo I would recommend them checking why inferior renderers look better than them.

About the quality (both in obvious final layout and in internal coding) of current ebook editions I do agree with you... They are TOO frequently below the minimum expected level.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote