View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusbop View Post
I'm concerned however about the wireless thing. As it uses the GSM network but doesn't have a sim card (to pay for the services). I would think there is some kind of agreement with the Cellnet companies and Amazon. The chances are, unless it is officially released in the UK, the Wireless features will not work in the UK.
No, it doesn't use GSM, it uses EVDO which is a technology built on CDMA networks. The wireless facilities are provided solely by the US telecoms operator "Sprint", so it certainly won't work outside the USA.

Quote:
Therefore getting books onto it would involve the same amount of work as for the Cybook and Sony - you have to get the book into the format you want, then dump it onto the Kindle via USB. It doesn't look like it reads 'normal' mobipocket books however and I don't think there is a PC conversion kit to make the books for you. Leaving you with RTF's and Txt's (presuming these are supported natively).
It does read DRM-free Mobipocket format books. RTF is not supported. Text is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote