View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Well now, that *is* weird. Being a Linux user, I don't use the Mobipocket software on the PC, not the iLiad desktop software, but just use it like a USB drive. The Mobipocket manual says Mobipocket files are to be placed in the Mobipocket folder within Books. I assumed they wouldn't work anywhere else. But I've now done a test, and it's quite possible to put a Mobipocket book in the Books folder -- in fact it creates its own directory, just like a PDF book does. Not only that, but you can edit the file properties, which you can't do with files in the Mobipocket folder, which makes sorting them rather easier.
The reason for the Books/Mobipocket folder is that Windows MobiPocket Reader can't handle the iLiad's unique one directory per e-book approach. So e-books in the Mobipocket directory don't get "promoted" into stand-alone directories when they are first opened (if they did, the Windows Reader would loose track of them). So it is perfectly ok to use other locations for MOBI books providing you don't use the Windows MobiPocket Reader to manage them.

I assume the reason that news feeds get put into Books/Mobipocket is that iRex did not want to extend the "special directory" approach to News/Mobipocket (since the Windows MobiPocket Reader can clearly handle separate directories for feeds and books).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote