View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #52
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Do you want pure titilating entertainment or something that is in some way enlightening (or somewhere in between):

- Reading Dan Brown or Hermann Hesse
- Eating cookies or granola
- Drinking wine or skim milk
- Watching I Love Lucy or The Merchant of Venice
- Posting in The Llounge or creating ebooks to upload
- Listening to a political pundit or to a BBC news analysis
- Laying on the beach or hiking
- Having a sexual relationship or a loving relationship
- Just screwing around or doing something creative
- Listening to ABBA or Haydn

I do some of all of these (well, not listen to ABBA, of course) but I like to think I spend time on the latter ones as much as the former.
Perhaps your last line is the most important.
That balance of rich and poor, high and low, positive and negative. Without dark we can't know bright. The foundation of Taoist thought. A balance in all things. "And" rather than "or."

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote