View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
毎日新聞 (Mainichi Shimbun) on Kobo Glo

I know there are a few other peeps out there who read Japanese with a Kobo, so I was hoping someone knows the answer to my problem.

I used Calibre's Fetch News to get from various countries, most work very well, including the Yomiuri Online which is also in Japanese, but I can't get the Mainichi to read on my Kobo. It works fine using the Calibre ebook viewer. But on my Kobo, after switching to a japanese font, it only shows the main menu, the articles menu and in small font, it shows what appears at the end of articles. But the actual articles themselves are missing...just pure blank pages. The links on the articles menu appear to work (ie they send me to a different page), but they are just blank. This is not the case when reading in Calibre, so I thought it's a bit strange.

Since the articles seem to be written western style left to right, it doesn't seem like it should be a limitation of the Adobe epub renderer....

Any one have any ideas?

Edit: Actually, I take it back...it doesn't show up entirely properly on the calibre ebook viewer, although it isn't just a bunch of blank pages...it cuts off the ends of sentences!! I'm surprised that it's included as it doesn't work very well even in calibre, but other ones created by the same person DO seem to work...

Last edited by Uschiekid; 05-07-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote