View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #78
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamark View Post
Question. I wanted to use Serbian or Croatian TTS but, ofcourse, there is no such thing. However, I've found that Slovak language is similar enough. So was wandering. What should I do to use available Slovak TTS files to read Serbian and Croatian books?
I doubt that you will get terribly good results, but the easiest way to try it is to set your books' metadata to pretend that they are in slovak - gluggy's Java Mobi Metadata Editor should be able to do that easily.

That assumes that you already have the slovak (sk) TTS pack installed, of course. Otherwise, you'll just get gibberish with an american accent

Otherwise, you *might* want to try the slovenian (sv) pack as well. At least geographically, I would think that slovenian might be a bit closer to croatian/serbian than slovak, but I could well be wrong (ja tylko znam polski... which works amazingly well in Slovakia, but I only understand about 1/3 when in Croatia - but yeah, that's still better than nothing )
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote