View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportourer1 View Post
How do people feel about historical accuracy within fiction? Is it vital or can we become to intense and lose the thrill of writing anf reading fiction?
I think that historical fiction should be well researched and that the events and actions of the historical figures should be as accurate as possible. I like to think that I'm learning something when I'm reading it.

I believe that most of our factual history has been written by the victors and isn't as factual as many believe it to be. Some of my favourite historical fiction has been when the author has taken the historical events and written it from an alternate view.

Almost all the historical fiction that I read takes great liberty on the attitudes and beliefs of the main characters. They are characters we can relate to rather then characters that are historically accurate. Most readers can't or don't want to deal with the true attitudes of the time.

For something like sex scenes it's open to the author's imagination to what it was like at the time. Keep it fictional and entertaining just like modern novels.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote