View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #41
vasbinde
vasbinde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite / iPad 2 / Various Phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Speaking as a business which sends a lot of e-mails, I'm afraid that I loath such systems and never respond to them. Life is too short to have to fill in forms for the "privilege" of sending somebody e-mail. My view is that, if you send me e-mail, you should have the courtesy to ensure that my reply will reach you, otherwise you're just wasting both my time and yours.
I completely understand your position, however, when I send an email to someone, the system picks up on that and automatically adds the recipient to the whitelist. The only way a message gets challenged is if:
1. I have not manually added the address or domain name to the whitelist.
OR
2. I have not already sent an outgoing email message to the recipient's address.

Thus the only times that the challenge even gets sent out are for those messages that were sent to me "out of the blue" without any prior communications from me. Of course, if I go to a web site for a business that I have never communicated with before (e.g. apple.com) and fill in a web form to contact them, I will immediately log in to my BoxTrapper whitelist and manually add the entire domain to the whitelist.

This takes care of the vast majority of cases.

Best Wishes,
Eric
vasbinde is offline   Reply With Quote