View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #95
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't think the problem is as simple as allowing the user to save and close in an error state. Too much about the way Sigil works is predicated on xhtml being in a well formed state to allow a user to save/close in an error state.

If, for instance, you were allowed to save and close with malformed xhtml, Sigil is still going to try and fix it (best as it knows how) the next time you open it. That's what it does with badly formed epubs. So then they'd need to make allowances for Sigil to be able to open malformed ePubs without attempting to fix them. That would be a recipe for disaster in my opinion. So as much as I'd love, on occasion, to be able to just save/close—error or no error—and go to bed. I've come to understand exactly what kind of nightmare that would be to implement without introducing a gazillion other potential bug-type/unstable situations in the process. I truly believe you'd have to rip Sigil's guts completely out and start from scratch to accomplish what you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel
If the option to turn off well-formed correction will not come back
There never has been an option in any official release to turn it completely off, to my knowledge.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.