View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #11
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
To me it's not primarily a Christmas tory. I also agree that it's not really tied to any specific religion. Almost the opposite (sort of):
Things aren't so much in God's hands, but in your own. YOU can make a difference in the world, and what you do affects your own destiny. Do good!
(Actually, come to think of it, isn't that kind of Buddhism? Karma.)

The writing was funnier than I expected it to be.

On a personal note: I'm very much "Bah, humbug" this time of year. I really don't "do" Christmas and I actually to some degree feel a kindred spirit with Scrooge. Although I'm his complete opposite when it comes to money and giving, I do get his "Bah, humbug" feeling!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote