Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #129
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Who's law? We have several different countries on this earth, and they all have different law's

In my country the law is that when I buy a bike that normaly costs around 300 Euro for 25 Euro from a guy on the street I could have known it was stolen. I'll be punishable by law and I have to return the bike to the owner.

But if I buy the same stolen bike from a guy in a shop for 'the very very special discounted price' of 200 Euro I acted in good faith and I can keep the bike. It does not matter if the shop owner is the thief or tha he bought the bike from the original thief. The owner may buy the bike from me for 200 Euro and he can sue the thief.

Our law is also quite clear, there is a distinction between knowing you are wrong and acting in good faith
Yes, this distinction exists in some cases. But here we were not talking about theft. The example was copyright infringement and if you could continue to sell things when you became aware that the selling was copyright infringement.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote