Thread: Firmware Update Kindelabra: Kindle Collection Manager
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #60
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ElizabethN: I haven't had any sorting issues here, can you try to run it from a terminal, and post what happens when it crashes? (Hopefully it should print a somewhat useful traceback).

Also, since you mentionned Windows, which Python distribution are you using?

(FYI, I'm currently using Python 2.6.6 on Gentoo Linux ~x86, so a weird Python 2.7/Windows quirk may be involved here.)
currently using python 2.7.0 (32 bit) on windows 7 64bit (need 32 bit for other programs that won't run under 64bit python)

If I have time later today I may try to run the 3 programs on the vista machine which still has python 2.6. If I need to step back to 2.6 python would I need to completely remove 2.7 and all the assoc libraries then reload all the libraries with 2.6?

Following is copy of results in command prompt window when running various versions of kindelabra, italized comments are mine not the system's.

Thanks for your help.

Kindelabra v0.1 on windows 7 with python 2.7.
sorting - both columns,
metadata - most drm books show correctly, samples – most show correctly, topaz? (most are freebies that I leave on kindle for pc)
no warnings in command prompt except when saving collection to kindle (still saves)

command prompt:
Loading documents......................................... ......................
.................................................. ..............................
Loading pictures

when saving collection:
.................................................. ..............................
Loading pictures
C:\Python27\richardpeng-Kindelabra-v0.1-be896af\richardpeng-Kindelabra-be896af\K
indelabra.py:346: GtkWarning: Could not find the icon 'gtk-file'. The 'hicolor'
theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
if dialog.run() == gtk.RESPONSE_ACCEPT:

Kindelabra v0.2 ff6185a on windows 7 with python 2.7.
sorting – both columns,
metadata – drm books,samples – same file name repeats over & over, topaz?
2 warnings in command prompt – first after loading program,
second after sorting either “files” or “collections” (warning same regardless of column sorted), no warning with sorting second column after first sorted
no warning when saving collection to kindle

Command prompt:
Loading documents......................................... ......................
Loading pictures
C:\Python27\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ff6185a\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ff6185a\Kindel
abra.py:79: PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

gtk.main()
C:\Python27\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ff6185a\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ff6185a\Kindel
abra.py:79: Warning: g_convert: assertion `str != NULL' failed
gtk.main()

Kindelabra v0.2 ef3d096 on windows 7 with python 2.7.
sorting – files only
metadata – drm books - more titles show, a few title repetitions but nothing like the quantity in version 0.2 ff,
samples – most titles show, no repetition of titles , topaz?
2 warnings in command prompt – first after loading program,
second after sorting “files” , when try to sort “collections” python.exe crashes closing command prompt
if try to sort “collections” first, warning (same as file sort warning) appears but then python.exe crashes

no warning when saving collection to kindle

Command prompt:
.................................................. .........................
Loading pictures
! ASIN B003O2SD3M belongs to collection __ROM_PNR but wasn't found on the device
!
! ASIN B00166DIV0 belongs to collection Penn, Jenny but wasn't found on the devi
ce!
! ASIN B003O2SD3M belongs to collection Winters, Zoe but wasn't found on the dev
ice!
! ASIN B00166DIV0 belongs to collection ___NEW_2010 but wasn't found on the devi
ce!
! ASIN B003SX12CG belongs to collection Anderson, Evangeline but wasn't found on
the device!
C:\Python27\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ef3d096\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ef3d096\Kindel
abra.py:79: PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

gtk.main()
C:\Python27\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ef3d096\richardpeng-Kindelabra-ef3d096\Kindel
abra.py:79: Warning: g_convert: assertion `str != NULL' failed
gtk.main()

much later in day - I took everything back to python 2.6.6 (32bit) for reasons other than kindelabra but still can not sort (click) on the collections column without python crashing. I can't see if the error is different with 2.6 because the command prompt opened concurrently with the 2.7 install but not with the 2.6. Maybe tomorrow, i.e. much later today, I'll try to run kindelabra from the command line and see what happens.

Last edited by ElizabethN; 12-05-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: new info
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote