View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Well, I am going to be buying a Kindle tonight - my first eReader - but still...

If you have never been there then you can never understand, but, there is something very sensual about reading an actual, physical book, and yes it does involve the smell of the ink and paper, the weight of the book, the sound of the pages turning. It involves all of your senses, plus the pleasure and stimulus of reading itself. The pleasure and stimulus of reading is all the eReader has; I can't imagine it involves any of the other senses.

So, I guess I am one of those crazy people, and yet I am still looking forward to the eReader experience.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote