View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Great History Books?

Does anyone have recommendations for some non-fiction history books? A couple that I've really enjoyed were Montaillou (detailed account of life in a 13th century heretical French village, based on Inquisition records) and Son of the Morning Star (dense, well-written account of Custer and the historical context of Little Bighorn). I'm not attached to any particular time period, though I'm not much interested in the 20th century, so say anything pre-industrial.

I'm not really looking for breezy historical biography, but something with a little more scholarly meat on its bones. Any suggestions?
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote