View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klif View Post
Sweet. That's the kind of answer I was looking for. So I (will) have a K4, but I won't be surprised if I see variants of that name.

Thanks!
From a developer point of view, the $69 kindle and the previous silver K4 appear identical as far as software support goes. They have the same firmware and the same eink display resolution and the same keyboard buttons. Only the external appearance is different, which does not matter when developing code to run on them.

I would think that the enhanced fonts (which are a selling feature of the new K4) should also work on an older K4 if they were both running the new firmware. I am curious if or when they will push out that new firmware. We shall see...

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-09-2012 at 08:08 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote