View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #21
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
...The Fire is the only Kindle with a backlight. The PW has a frontlight. Very important distinction when we're talking about eye strain!
That is the main reason why I started this thread. I watched few videos of frontlit eink displays (watching in backlited laptop screen, so not sure how that counts). Anyways the lights of these ereaders with full brightness seemed as bad as the laptop/tablet screen.

The eink without light looked far better on the videos. As I said earlier, no way for me to get them in hand and verify, unless I buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
...I would have said before I got the Glow that the light was unnecessary. But now that I have it, I wouldn't want to go back to one without one...
Even with the price diff counted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
...Also, the front light makes the eInk screen look much whiter - so the contrast is better.
How does that whiteness and contrast feel to your eyes? (I am thinking about the laptop screens here again, as I cannot read for long with white background). Will that be any different?
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote