View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
melabonbon
melabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to beholdmelabonbon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Question How to save highlighted portions in books not bought from Kobo store?

Having an issue with my Kobo Glo where pages are blank aside from page numbers. I couldn't find anything online where anyone else was having the same issue.
I contacted customer service and they told me to delete the book and resync. As I told them, it's not just one book, it's every book I try. The page text appears for a second, then disappears and only leaves the page numbers. Sometimes when I open a book, the text is super tiny and in the upper left hand corner. The device was fine for the first month or so that I had it, this is a recent problem. I tried resyncing the device and at first it worked properly but after a day the problem came back.
Their advice then was to do a factory reset. Seems like kind of an extreme second suggestion, but whatever. My problem is that I have books on the device that I did not buy from the Kobo store, in which I have highlighted passages. I have backup "original" copies of all of my books on my computer, but how do I backup the versions that have the highlights?
I use Calibre, but I don't see anything in their help documentation about it.
melabonbon is offline   Reply With Quote