View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post
I can't figure out how they did it. I decompiled the dictionary and I can see that they use <idx:orth value=""> but I can't tell what the value is ... it looks like a pointer into the index file.
Since the dictionary format hasn't been updated in ages and, AFAIK, there are no Japanese specific tags, they most likely simply defined Kanji + Furigana using idx:orth value= and the actual Kanji using idx:infl.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<idx:entry>
	<idx:orth value="二 【に】">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="二"/></idx:infl>
	</idx:orth>
	二 【に】<br />
	Two<br /><br />
 </idx:entry>

<idx:orth value="頭 【ねこ】">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="頭"/></idx:infl>
	頭 【ねこ】<br />
	Cat<br /><br />

<idx:orth value="猫 【あたま】">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="猫"/></idx:infl>
	<idx:orth value="首 【あたま】">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="首"/></idx:infl>
	[首 【あたま】首 【あたま】<br />
	(noun) (1) head; (2) mind; brain; intellect; (3) top; (4) hair (on one's head); (5) bangs; fringe; (6) top structural component of a kanji<br /><br />

</body>
</html>
Does this work for you?

Last edited by Doitsu; 03-04-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Removed extra spaces in code listing.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote