View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Calibre Covers Resizing Good in Aldiko, But Why?

I use Calibre daily and I have never been able to figure out why Calibre, when you take an existing ePub, say from Feedbooks.com and convert it, it's cover looks perfect in Aldiko.

If you just import the Feedbook.com ePub straight into Aldiko, there is a white border normally on the top or right side.

I've tried just using the plugin Modify ePub and it doesn't solve the problem. I always have to do a ePub conversion again -- which I thought I read was not the best thing to do.

So I am curious, what option in Calibre is fixing these covers so the thumbnail looks the right size in Aldiko and no white border shows up.

Is doing a reconversion in Calibre hurting the existing format of the ePub I get say from Feedbooks.com. They don't appear any different that I notice.

Thanks!
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote