View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, 5.1.0 fucked up pretty much everything.
They "f***ed up" the low-level eink include files too, so I have to copy the C structures directly into my native mode apps and rename them so they can coexist with previous version. Otherwise each of my native mode apps would need one version for every firmware version from 2.x to 5.0.x, and another version that would ONLY work on 5.1.0. Even amazon's apps are now version-locked to ONLY 5.1.0, or everything EXCEPT 5.1.0 (if they use the eink display). They probably broke a bunch of other stuff while they were in there mucking about.

So, I guess with your discoveries in mine, it looks like 5.1.0 is a "Total F**k Up", as they say. I asked their techs to scrap it and go back to the 5.0.0 code base. I hope they follow my advice. I am getting tired of their false "we will contact you in a couple of days" replies.

What crop of inexperienced script kiddies did amazon hire to work on this new "version" anyway?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 10:11 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote