View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Battery Monitor tracks battery drainage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Android handles task management superbly on its own. There is no reason to kill apps running in the background unless you suspect it had gone rogue. I have an Android phone that has 30+ apps running in the background. I've never had battery issues.

A likely scenario is that your battery calibration is off. When it reported 26% it might have actually been lower. There is a way to recalibrate the battery meters but I don't know how off the top of my head. Try Google.
BBMP tracks the battery drain with a time / energy chart on its main screen. Thus, it was a sudden decline in battery energy, not an incorrect calibration.

However, I reinstalled BBMP and will just keep the Fire in Shut Down Mode when not in use. Thus, even if BBMP went through some program loops for some reason, no apps will be operating unless I am using the Fire at the moment or in the near term.

The probable BBMP battery drain only occurred once in 11 days so it is very intermittent. The Shut Down Mode will prevent it from happening when idle.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote