View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancrazi View Post
Hello,

I'm a new Calibre user, and am very happy with it.

So happy I'm starting to think about managing my physical books with this smart software.

Maybe the subject has already been covered here, in this case, I apology.

Otherwise, I'd like, before I start, to be sure about the way to do it.

Firts, is it a good idea ?
If yes, how to do it ?

What I think now is :

a-Create a custom column with "ebook" or "physical book" as labels, or even informations about where the book is (eg. sleeping room, dining room, big bookcase etc)
b- Create an empty book for each physical book I want to manage with Calibre.
c- Fill in the informations about the physical books, including the custom column.

Did I miss something ?
Any pieces of advice ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antonio
I don't take it as far.

I simply have a tag <In Paper Library> that appears as part of any book that:
1) has an E-version
2) Is an empty book version (could get an e-version added later )

For the Location, I suggest a Text colum of Fixed values (prevents random variations ). You can always add locations later (be wary of changing any location name that is in use)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote