Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Indeed.

As for Outlander, I think people are getting it wrong. It's most definitely romance, of the historical/swashbuckling type updated to modern sensibilities. The sci-fi aspect (time travel of the woo-woo as opposed to the time machine type) is very, very, very minor, and for someone looking for the nuts'n'bolts type of sci-fi, non-existent.

Outlander is a fun read, if you don't mind Gabaldon's solecisms. As with a lot of SFF series, the first few books are good and then the quality plummets.
IF that is the case then I withdraw my personal objection to the book for this month. Reading the synopsis made it sound like SciFi and not a romance to me.

As to the author..Her views would not prevent me from reading her book, but I am less inclined to give any financial support. So if I found it in the library, or could borrow it from a friend, then fine.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote