View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Its a difficult issue.
All booklights, Iīve seen until now, have this strong cool bluish white light.
So the once possibility in my opinion is, to take a soldering iron and changing it!

Indeed there are so called "warm white" LEDs. The lighting color of them is very similar to halogen bulbs. (only the color, not the power!).
And from most cool white LED types there are warm white versions too. Also the have the same specifications (Voltage, current) like their cold white brothers. (The Lighting power is a little bit down in comparison to the cold ones, but it should be enough.)

So they just have to be exchanged.
I have built a pocket torch at myself, fired by a warm white LED, and I also have exchanged 2 green LEDs of my keyboard into a white one (for Num Lock) and a red one (for Camps Lock). Successfully, of course.
If you canīt solder, ask somebody of your friends, neighbours or colleagues.

Last edited by Romiman; 09-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote