View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Today i finally took the plung and tried an audio book on my kindle and i hate it.

The whole experience left me disconected from the book.

Normally i can get in a charactors head and feel what they feel, i just couldnt get this with the audio book.

Is it only me who feels this way?
Did you get it from Audible.com by any chance? Maybe you can return it and get another one. I don't know the specifics of the return policy, but I know a lot of people love it because they don't have to get stuck with a crappy audiobook now.

Also, would you mind sharing the narrator? Some narrators really suck. They don't act the book, or they act it too broadly, or they read it badly. There has been some controversy about that recently with the increase in the number of titles. Some of the indie publishers are releasing audiobooks with narrators who are fairly new to audiobooks. There was a post about Untrained Narrators on the All About Romance news blog, and it generated a lot of comments. In fact, if you're trying to get into audiobooks, check out the Speaking of Audiobooks category of posts. (Speaking of Audiobooks also has a Goodreads group.)

Also, some of the trained narrators are often matched with books that aren't suitable to their voices and styles. Some readers are too dramatic, some aren't dramatic enough, etc. That's when the reviews can be really helpful. For example, the reviews of the Pyramid of Doom audiobook put me off buying it even though I can buy it for $4.99.

Or you might be like me. I might be too easily distracted for audiobooks. I like them in the car, etc. But if I try to listen at other times, I find myself reading a magazine or something, and then... wait, it's Chapter Nine now?!
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote