View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #428
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
It is. There are entire companies that just buy patents and copyrights in order to sue others. They make nothing and do nothing but sue others.
Yes, I knew that such "patent trolls" exist. BTW, while doing a patent search for a project I was working on, I discovered that big companies patent bits of technology that they don't actually have and don't intend to develop just to prevent their competitors from working along those lines. Quite the opposite of the reason why the patent system was established (fostering and protecting innovation).
About media publishers, the way you describe the situation says that they are turning into just another category akin to patent trolls...
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote