View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I've got no real issue with the specs at this price, but I was amused by some of the marketing claims:

Quote:
•9.7" capacitive touch-panel TFT-LCD display
With 1024 x 768 resolution to showcase movies and games in stunning clarity.
I assume we're not talking about all those movies and games generally formatted in widescreen.

(I personally prefer 4:3, but movies are not its strength, and while many games adapt well to my Touchpad it's by no means universal.)

Stunning clarity? At significantly less than HD resolution?

Quote:
•8GB on-board memory
Offers spacious storage.
"Spacious" we say, and "spacious" we mean. Don't listen to those rival manufacturers who suggest that 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB might be useful.

Quote:
•2.0MP front-facing camera
Makes it easy to capture video clips.
As long as the subject of your video is over your shoulder.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote