View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #138
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Yes, I have adjusted it, color scheme and brightness are toned down. Pretty much tried every setting. Of course, the right setting makes a big difference. Still an LCD never reaches the comfort level of e-ink (for me that is) -- unless there is insufficient lighting.
Other things you can try if it's a top end display with a good display driver card is. via the display card software, is calibrate the monitor manually specifically adjust the gamma setting or even all three colors independently to take care of any color casts. Then add your ICC profile and readjust as needed. ICC profiles are not all the same either. Because it seems you are in that very sensitive category it might take the extra steps. I know a few folks who have issues with LED monitors but not CCFL backlit displays. In my experience I find far more are sensitive to the CCFL backlit displays over LED displays but there is the odd person sensitive to LED now and then. Last solution for the super sensitive is to go back to a very high end CRT display with a very high refresh rate. 85hz is usually enough to address flicker sensitivity but some need to go to 100Hz or even 200Hz, you just need to experiment. Bonus of using a high end CRT is they rarely need no color calibration.

And yeah the right color scheme can make a difference but generally if a person is super sensitive no color scheme will make a difference. Adjusting the gamma can help over a simple brightness and contrast adjustment but if a user is sensitive to the back-lighting used on that display the only help is to try the other type of LCD display.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote