View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Is it perhaps part of a longer line, like say, if you/your editing program have put the entire <navPoint><navLabel> etc. contents all in a single chunk with no breaks?

Because while the individual data strings involved may be pretty short, if KindleGen counts all the characters including spaces until it hits a linebreak as a "string" in its program, then that may account for it.

I did a quick copy-paste of my usual bare-bones <navPoint> entry, and it was already 122 characters long. If I had both a long chapter title in the <text>, and the id= and src= contents were descriptive instead of cryptically short like I usually do, I think it could easily hit 255 chars.

Or maybe it's just KindleGen being wonky without real reason, which happens often enough.

If you don't mind my asking, did the build fail partway through, or do you have a finished .mobi file with an error message? Because sometimes KindleGen likes to spit up non-fatal error messages that actually have to do with some other part of the file, instead of the one that the preceding stuff would make you think was the culprit.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote