View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I want to comment on the "scroll, scroll, scroll" statement. I heard the broadcast and perhaps I didn't hear it correctly but I assumed he meant that readers of ebooks read very linearly - in fact, I think he uses that word doesn't he? And that's what I do when I read on my Sony. I don't often look back the way I frequently do with a pbook. And I don't glance ahead to see what's coming. I thought when I first got my Sony that I would do a lot more bookmarking and checking back to previous chapters but it's not easy to know what page to go to and you can't just thumb your way through it the way you can with a pbook. So reading has become very linear for me with ebooks. Sure, I pause and contemplate as often as I ever did with pbooks, but I'm now a fairly strict "scroll forward" reader.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote